LACERA has reciprocity with other California public retirement systems.
- California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Judges’ Retirement System (managed by CalPERS)
- University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP)
- California State Teachers' Retirement System (CALSTRS)
- LA County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Retirement System
- Los Angeles City Employees’ Retirement System
- CERL Counties (County Employees Retirement Law):
Click here for links to CERL County web sites.
As of 5-4-01, The City of Pasadena has entered into a reciprocity agreement with CalPERS. Individuals transferring to LACERA after 5-4-01 who have worked for the City of Pasadena Fire and Police Retirement System may be eligible for reciprocity.
LACERA also has reciprocity with many other California public agencies and districts, cities, counties, school districts, superintendents of schools and others that are covered by CalPERS or have a reciprocal relationship with CalPERS.
Call LACERA at 800-786-6464 to verify if a particular retirement system is reciprocal with us, and to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements for reciprocity.