RFP: Budget Software Solution
The Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA), a $70 billion public pension fund, is seeking proposals from qualified firms to provide a Budget Software and consulting services to configure, customize, and implement an enterprise budget application for the Budget Unit in the Administrative Services Division. LACERA invites qualified firms to respond to this RFP.
Scope of Work
The new Budget system shall meet the following objectives:
- Consolidates information, links, processes and functions, and eliminates separate departmental systems/spreadsheets in favor of a single system that integrates with LACERA’s financial and non-financial applications
- Reduces the need for redundant data entry
- Reduces the need for manual input when preparing the annual budget
- Provides a user-friendly and intuitive user interface to promote system use and productivity
- Provides embedded processes designed to tie functions together seamlessly
- Streamlines business processes to take advantage of best practices through automation, integration, and workflows
- Provides interface capabilities with third-party systems
- Improves and provides necessary reports and access to data through inquiry of drill-down capabilities, including a user-friendly self-service ad-hoc reporting tool
- Implementation of the Budget system by Q1 2023.
In addition to the functionality identified above, LACERA is seeking a Proposer to provide professional services (e.g., best practices guidance, training, project management, implementation, integration, and report development) that will ensure a successful implementation in a timely and professional manner.
Response to this RFP should be submitted no later than 5:00 PM PDT on April 14, 2022 as an electronic copy in PDF format via email to email@example.com. To the extent applicable, submissions should also include an electronic copy marked “REDACTED”. The redacted copy should exclude all material from the proposal that the respondent believes in good faith is exempt from disclosure under the California Public Records Act, (California Government Code section 6250 et seq. the “Act”). Individual redactions should appear as blacked out material. Large sections, tables, or entire blank page(s) shall include the word “REDACTED” or “PROPRIETARY” inserted.
Questions Relating To This RFP
All questions, inquiries, and requests for additional information concerning this RFP should be received no later than 3:00 PM PDT, Thursday, March 31, 2022, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions received and responses thereto will be posted on LACERA's website (www.lacera.com) under the "Business Opportunities" section on or about 3:00 PM PDT, April 7, 2022.
The following table provides a tentative schedule of important dates and deadlines for this RFP. All dates are subject to modification by LACERA without notice.
- LACERA Issues RFP
- March 7, 2022
- Intent to Respond closing date
- March 22, 2022
- Deadline for Proposer Questions
- March 31, 2022
- LACERA Provides Responses to Questions
- April 7, 2022
- Deadline for Proposal Submissions
- April 14, 2022, 5:00pm PST
- Finalists Notified & Proof-of-Capabilities (POC) Packets Issued
- May 2022
- Proof of Capabilities Demonstration(s)
- May/June 2022
- Board Approves/ Contract Signed
- July/August 2022