RFP: Private Market Analytics Platform Search
The Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA) is requesting proposals from qualified firms interested in providing private market analytics platform services.
Scope of Work
LACERA seeks to select an analytics provider that has demonstrated experience in delivering private capital portfolio monitoring, performance measurement, and reporting to help LACERA improve oversight and management operational risk. LACERA’s private market categories consist of private equity, illiquid credit, real estate, natural resources and commodities, infrastructure, and diversified hedge funds. Natural resources and commodities, and infrastructure consist of both public and private investments.
The selected firm will provide LACERA with the following scope of services:
- Data Collection and Integration
- Gather and integrate monthly and quarterly reporting data from LACERA’s fund managers across private markets.
- Reconcile and validate data from various vendors to ensure comparability and consistency.
- Record, classify, and calculate cashflows and commitments at the fund level.
- Collect private market ESG data, metrics, and key performance indicators (“KPIs”) where available and provide tools for modeling and scenario analysis as applicable.
- Monitoring and Reporting Services
- Provide detailed reports at the manager and portfolio level.
- Deliver monthly and quarterly reports that include benchmarks, measures of return, performance multiples, transaction summaries, and peer comparisons.
- Track and analyze energy transition, climate, and other ESG exposures, data, and metrics over time.
- Create and run custom reports.
Submit your Intent to Respond (Attachment A) by 3:00 PM Friday, August 18, 2023, as well as your completed proposal (email only) by 3:00 PM Friday, September 1, 2023. Any proposal delivered after the proposal deadline will not be considered. Faxed transmissions are not acceptable. The completed proposal is to be sent to the attention of:
Mr. Jude Pérez, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, LACERA
Also send one electronic copy marked “REDACTED”. The redacted copy should exclude all material from your proposal that you believe in good faith is exempt from disclosure under the California Public Records Act (Cal. Gov. Code Sections 7920 et seq.) (described in Section VII of this RFP). Redactions should appear as blacked out material or blank page(s) with the word “REDACTED” or “PROPRIETARY” inserted.
Questions Related to This RFP
Direct all questions, inquiries, and requests for additional information concerning this RFP to Jude Pérez no later than 3:00 PM August 23, 2023 by e-mail (PM.Analytics@lacera.com). All questions received and responses thereto will be posted on LACERA’s website (www.lacera.com) under the "RFP Opportunities" section on or about 3:00 PM August 25, 2023.
- Issuance of RFP
- August 11, 2023
- Submission – Letter of Intent (Firm)
- August 18, 2023
- Written Questions/Requests for Clarification
- August 23, 2023
- LACERA Response to Written Questions
- August 25, 2023
- Proposals Due
- September 1, 2023
- Invitations to Interview (as warranted)
- 4Q 2023
- Final Selection and Approval
- 4Q 2023