The Senior Care Action Network (SCAN) Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD HMO) plan is available to LACERA retirees and their eligible dependents age 65 and older or under age 65 and enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. SCAN Health Plan is not available to family members who are under age 65 unless they are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B.
Contact your insurance carrier for plan booklets, claim forms, and billing questions.
SCAN offers a safety net of extended home and personal care services such as bathing and feeding, housekeeping, home meal delivery, emergency response, and adult day-care.
SCAN also offers qualified members Independent Living Power™ and In-Home Recovery Benefits programs, designed to help SCAN members remain in their homes as long as safely possible. The program is a collection of personal care services ranging from light housekeeping to transportation escorts.
Features of this plan:
- All medical care through SCAN providers
- No deductibles
- No claim forms
- Small copayments for certain services
- Expanded social services, transportation for medical appointments
- Delivery of hot meals to frail members
- In-home help, personal assistance
- Premiums for Medicare Part B reimbursed by the County (up to the standard amount) on a tax-free basis, provided you meet all the requirements
- There is no waiting period if you switch to SCAN
Evidence of Coverage
For full details of the services, coverage, and costs of care provided by your specific medical plan, review your latest Evidence of Coverage below.