LACERA’s mission, vision, and values statements define our shared organizational purpose and commitment to our members and guide our daily actions and decisions.
To produce, protect, and provide the promised benefits to our members
Empowering our members to enjoy a healthy and secure retirement
Our six core values serve as our cultural guide and foundation in meeting our mission. As a member-focused government agency, we abide by our core values to ensure the public’s trust, operate efficiently and cost effectively, and provide our members their promised benefits.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and operate with the highest standards of professionalism and respect in fulfilling our mission and duty as prudent stewards of the pension funds.
- Collaboration: We are One LACERA. We promote unity by successfully working together across all levels of the organization to deliver on our strategic priorities and objectives.
- Inclusivity: We welcome all individuals, honoring and respecting their unique stories and perspectives, and celebrating the value that diversity adds to the organization in meeting our mission and strategic priorities.
- Innovation: We cultivate a creative, forward-thinking approach in seeking out new ideas and novel solutions to continually improve our operations and the member experience.
- Integrity: We earn trust by our dedication to honesty, fairness, and ethical conduct in the service of our members and each other.
- Transparency: We clearly communicate our knowledge, ideas, and expertise in an open, fair, and honest environment, resulting in better organizational outcomes and decision-making.