On July 6, 2023, the Board of Retirement unanimously approved the LACERA 2023–2028 Strategic Plan. The Strategic Plan unites and focuses our efforts on the strategic priorities that define LACERA’s commitment to our members and support the sound management of the retirement system. It represents the collective wisdom and insight of our Board of Retirement, executive and management teams, staff members and, most of all, LACERA members.
The plan’s strategic priorities reflect our “member first” commitment—whether that means directly interacting with our members or serving their interests behind the scenes. These identified priorities, outlined below, and their associated goals will guide LACERA’s efforts as we build a better tomorrow in the years to come.
See our strategic plan priorities below, and click the links for more details.
- Superior Member Experience: Innovate and continuously improve the member experience at every stage of their journey—specifically, by providing a consistent, omnichannel experience, digital engagement, enhanced educational content, and an improved and enhanced retiree healthcare experience.
- Innovation Through Technology: Leverage technological solutions to advance capabilities, increase productivity, and elevate operational maturity.
- Investing in People: Attract, motivate, hire, and retain a highly engaged, skilled, and diverse workforce.
- Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management: Adopt and implement compliance and enterprise risk frameworks aimed at facilitating strengthened governance.
- Fiscal Durability: Exercise care and prudence in managing our resources and fund assets.